Bundle Up Buttercup!

January 13, 2016

   Winter in New England... so far so good. It's not like Georgia never got cold. I'm sure you heard about our ice outs and catastrophes on the interstates.... not pretty.  
  But we haven't had insane projectile snow yet either.  So no need to flee to the closest tropical island... yet.   I have embraced my new wintery environment by embracing the puffy jacket, a  polar bear looking item atop my head,  every wool scarf I own paired with heavy, wooly mammoth boots. I got this! (28 degrees and wind gusts 18-20 mph, no problem.) According to my Uncle Larry, you can do everything you did before, you just have to dress for it. Okey-dokey! 
   You can definitely find winter gear everywhere! I mean everywhere: food stores, Christmas Tree Shops, gas stations... So there's no excuse not to be dressed properly.  Unless you are a teenager and refuse to be warm for the sake of looking cool. (no pun intended) 
   Even exercising outside is manageable.  It is a process,  so carve out some prep time for this uniform:  a  ninja mask,  hat over that, 2-3 layers of clothing, thick gloves (maybe 2 pair), knee socks.  You might scare people and have to explain in a nice voice who you are and what you are doing. But the warmth is worth a mistaken identity and possible arrest. 
   I have found that if the sun is out,  anything is possible.  Take advantage of any sun time. It doesn't last long here and when you have it, use it like a $25 Starbucks gift card (what's that like 3 1/2 coffees?)  So move quickly, get out, be productive, feel that vitamin D, and get back home fast. 

   

Comments

  1. Mich! I love your blog and all of your cool pictures! I wish I could apply for your new friend position, but we don't have any plans of moving to your icy paradise any time soon. You are SO missed here in GA, and anyone would be incredibly lucky to call you a friend. You are an amazing friend, mom, soul! Dawn (not sure why I am showing up as Anthony's Wolverine mom...but I kinda like it..lol)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts