Shell Seeker

February 25, 2016   

    I am declaring today, Wednesday February twenty-fifth, that I have a shell-seeking obsession.  I have self diagnosed myself,  a shell addict.  Is it a problem that I have no room on my window sills? That every vase, jar, coffee cup is filled with shells?  Hm.... is there therapy for this?
    I walk on the beach once a week, well, because why not?? I am lucky enough now,  to live minutes away from several beautiful beaches, lakes, ponds, etc.  I am "dang sure" going to take advantage of my new whereabouts.  A walk on the beach is unanimously good for bringing clarity of the mind, body and soul, and also,  shells.  I mean, hello, free sea treasures!
     To limit my shell collection, I bring a single large plastic cup to fill.  However, I always end up carrying more in my empty hand.
   I am hopeless... hopelessly devoted to shells.

Here are some of my treasures I claimed on my recent beach quests.
Quahog (aka wampum)
Perfect for rings and earrings near your sink or dresser


Scallop shells on clam shells
A beach filled with glorious slipper shells!!











Super cool and crusty scallop shell
with 2 yellow jingle shells attached










...more 
It's a problem. I'm aware.






... which leads me to my next idea...SHELLIES!
                                                                                 .......to be continued



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts