"Are you there, Mother Nature? It's me, Michele"

   Dear M.N.,

   Let me begin by saying how awesome you are.  You are indeed the mother of all Nature and that's a job not a lot of people want. Actually, nobody wants.  It's a thankless job, that everybody takes for granted and complains about more than applauds.  Your job responsibilities are vast: animals, botanicals, terrains, weather conditions, phenomenons, and dreaded disasters.  Locally, you were kind enough to bestow upon us a pleasantly uneventful winter.  Only 2 small blizzards, but nothing we couldn't handle.  So as to not sound ungrateful,  and as a new-comer to New England, I cannot thank you enough.
   I'm not sure if you've been "out of the office" or have a new team working for you, but Spring has been very disappointing. April sucked actually. It was freezing, snowed even, and I thought maybe Father Time got involved and we were in retrograde back to January again. I appreciate the token daffodils, tulips and honeysuckles.  As lovely as they are, I know what you're doing and I'm not fooled.  It may have taken me a few months, but I'm not a village idiot anymore.  When the thermometer says 58 degrees, I know it's really 38 degrees because of the wind factor.  So you might think you got spring going on, but it's flipping cold. I was really hoping to pack up my winter scarves, gloves and hats by now.  Alas, not.  So whoever is in charge of your "Spring Line", well, you should seriously reevaluate and perhaps consider transferring them to the "Winter Department".
     I must say, however, the wind here on the Cape is most definitely effective. VERY.  Sometimes I think I'm in Aruba, not that I've actually been there. (but I know people have complained about the constant wind there.  And I believe them.)  It is so effective it changes the temperature from pleasant to "holy shit"- arctic.  Is this necessary? I like an occasional gust, but nonstop turbulence on-land? What is the purpose? To make me look like a hot mess 24/7? To annoy the crap out of me and make me seek refuge in my car during baseball games? Wind means extra work: for a coiffure, a yard, carrying large bundles of papers and loose items. It's just a nuisance.  So if you could cut back, like 50% on the wind, it would be appreciated by all. And I know I am speaking for many.
    Let me conclude by saying that I am highly anticipating summer! I trust you completely and I know you won't let us down.  In that, I mean, we will be getting Summer, right? Maybe you should visit that department too, double check their strategy.

  Many Thanks,
  "Over being-over dressed"
 

Comments

Popular Posts