Enjoying my here and now, for now

 
   Ok, so here we are. Been here now for, gosh, almost a full year.  And I'm sitting here, at one of my awesome "summer jobs" (feeling like an 18 year old) enjoying the view of the ocean, enjoying the weather, enjoying my whereabouts, and enjoying the no-stress beach life. (Can't believe I'm saying that!?  Is this so wrong?) I'm feeling a little guilty.  Actually, I think most people would be a jealous of my  current  new life.  (I mean look at this view! Are you kidding me??) But I know there are skeptics.  And occasionally, I fall victim to skepticism and ponder on it myself,  wondering what the hell, really? This is all I'm doing with my life?  Could I, should I, be doing more?  Because this seems way too easy.  But you know, self doubt always finds a way to sneak in no matter what you're doing wherever you are, so I don't dwell too long.  This feels right, for now. So deal with that, skeptics.





  I gotta say though, no pun intended, this has definitely been a trip.  A doozy.  It has been an crazy experience, almost surreal, moving to Cape Cod.  The Cape is such a different beast to deal with and live on year round.  It's not normal here. Really, it's not.  (And that sounds like a great idea for my next post, because it certainly deserves it's own "chapter".) But more to come on that.
 
   So back to the subject,  at almost a year's mark, it seem s good time to look backward and forward to assess the damage and/or progress.
     Finding a job was painfully impossible, almost.
     Making friends is painfully impossible, still. (For all 3 of my family, the exception being my daughter, since she could befriend a rabid squirrel)
     Feeling comfortable calling the Cape our "home" doesn't feel im-possible, but, something is still amiss.

   So why do we stay, you ask? Good question. Good question. To answer simply, "I'm not ready to leave... yet."  Yup, I'm a Positive-Polly, a good sport, a play fair kind of girl.  Go ahead and double dare me to find good in any situation, I can do it. Blindfolded, even.  And if nothing else, I'm not a quitter. So as far as the Cape is concerned, I'm giving her another year to convince me and really win me over.  That's fair, right?

  So for the moment,  I'm loving it, living it, learning from it.  I'm taking the bad with the good.
 Even if it is temporary, it has been something that I can honestly say, we have whole heartedly given 110% of a chance.  And that's all we can do.  We are enjoying the life we have created and enjoying this moment.

 "Life's a journey, not a destination. So enjoy the ride."

Absolutely.



Comments

  1. I believe what you have done is extremely Brave and scary at the same time. New Life Experiences are challenging but it sounds like you're handling it very well. Enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe what you have done is extremely Brave and scary at the same time. New Life Experiences are challenging but it sounds like you're handling it very well. Enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts